Monday, April 6, 2009

WHOOPS!

A funny thing happened today at BYU.
On the front page of the Daily Universe there was an article about general conference and an accompanying photo of President Monson and the twelve apostles sustaining Elder Neil L. Anderson. Under the photo is a caption that reads like this: "Members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostates and other general authorities raise their hands in a sustaining vote."

WHAT?!? I was sure that I had read it wrong, but nope, I hadn't.
I'd post a link to the actual article and photo, but there isn't one since they recalled all of the papers. I happened to be one of the "lucky" students to get a copy because I pick up my paper before my nine o'clock class which was before the error had been caught.

The Daily Universe pulled all of the papers off of campus and issued a formal explanation and apology here.


nice one BYU. nice.

3 comments:

Amanda P said...

Wow...I'm guessing someone posslbily lost a job over that one! Maren, I would love to catch up some time!

em said...

That's a pretty big mistake and super good (or bad) planning

em said...

That's a pretty big mistake and super good (or bad) planning