Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And Then Chicago Totally Redeems itself!


Well, two Fridays ago, Mike and I went to the University of Chicago gym. I used my headphones to watch the attached tv on my treadmill and set my Ipod on the treadmill also. Once finished, I walked away, and absently left my Ipod for the taking. I realized my forgetfullness, and checked with the University's gym lost and found on the next Monday. Forgetting that I no longer attended BYU, I fully expected someone to turn it in. Plus, come on it's almost five years old! Who would even want it! Well, no one had turned it in. The man there told me to check back again. I thought, "Sure, someone is going to take it home, check out my music, and then bring it back!" I was pretty sad because it has taken me years to accumulate all of my music. I know I am a nerd! Mike said I should just get a new one, but I felt like I should atleast wait for a birthday, Christmas, or at least passing the cpa exam, which all are months away! Anyway, since I have been out of town in Utah helping with recruiting at BYU, which was so wonderful to see everyone (Maren, you should post some pictures), my first time back to the gym was last night. So last night was a week and a half since the dissapearance. I thought I would give it one more shot, but had no hope of going home with my Ipod. Anyway, someone turned it in! I am sure that the lost-and-found manager thought I was a bit of crazy woman, but I was estactic! So there you go, after a cold and long winter, some Chicago attitude, 10.5% sales tax, and thousands of pot-hole streets, Chicago totally redeems itself!

2 comments:

Arianne said...

Congratulations! Whew, what a relief! It is as celebratory as if you had just been reunited with a long lost appendage. Not all understand this strong bond between us and our portable music....but I do Amanda...I do! I am glad to know that there are at least a handful of people with integrity in Chicago!

Dani said...

Doesn't that just restore your faith in people?! Jared left his wallet on the train and thought it was gone forever. A lady found it and personally drove it to our house. I love honest people.