Monday, March 31, 2008

Hare Krishna!


So Saturday was an interesting day...
The weather was great and I heard about this crazy celebration of Spring down in Spanish Fork at a Hare Krishna temple.
I got Grant, Brooke, Mark and Mark's new girlfriend Chelsea to come and we headed down in the van.
First of all, as we neared SF I could tell that traffic was backed up past the exit. awesome.
FINALLY we park, and we seriously walked two mile until we got to the temple. The temperature was dropping and there were hoards of people everywhere. Immediately some girls came up to us and sold us our "colors" to throw at each other when the time was right.
Then, we went into the temple and got "purification" dots put on our foreheads.








Then we went and found pretty much my entire ward. I still can't believe how many people were there. We danced around to the crazy music and then FINALLY they lit the bonfire.
BAM! It was like a bomb went off. No joke. I couldn't see the sky and I had chalk powder in my lungs and up my nose and in my eyes. It was crazy. We danced around the huge fire . At one point, Grant lifted me up onto his shoulders and together we equaled the tallest living creature of all time. ha!
All in all, a terrific day, but I am STILL finding that crap in my ears, and stuck to my scalp!
Hare Krishna!
oh and how did good ol' Utah respond to our celebration of Spring? It thanked us by dumping 4 inches of snow on us the next day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda P said...

Maren, that sounds like you had a great time! Hey, everyone, just a warning, don't click on the above comment from kalar. I think it is spyware. Punk.

Maren said...

yea, I don't know how to get rid of it! scary!

Amanda P said...

I deleted it! Woo hoo! Take that little punk!

Amanda P said...

Maren, just to clarify, I was not referring to you as "little punk," although you know there will always be a special place in my heart for a little punk like you too! :)

Rachel said...

Mar!I've been to that crazy festival before too and it is fun! The pictures look like Woodstock!

Rachel said...

Mar!I've been to that crazy festival before too and it is fun! The pictures look like Woodstock!