Friday, July 4, 2008

Various Reasons for the Death of the Blog

Well, it's been over a months since any posts have been added to our family blog, and I suppose a family update and explanation is in order.

1. Most of the family including Mom, Dad, Emily, Gardner, Crista and their children went down to visit Rachel and Richard (see their blog for pictures) and their family in San Antonio for R&R's new little baby Reed's baby blessing. I suppose this may partly be the reason for the death of the blog.

2. Maren has been working as a pest control salesman in Kansas City, Missouri. She and her fiance (who Mike and I just think is great) were nearly hit by a tornado while living in tornado alley. She will have to write all about this...pretty crazy.

3. Maren and Grant also came and visited us in Chicago! We had a great time! They seemed to love every thing we showed them which just made us so happy also. They loved our favorite Chicago pizza and Lake Michigan. I will post more about this later.

4. My main reason for allowing the blog's death was I just took my last section of the CPA exam on July 2. I've passed three sections and just had the beastliest section left. I really want to have it all out of the way before our baby boy adds a bit of excitement to our lives. I just pray I passed because studying for the exam has made my life pretty miserable there for awhile. Mike pretty much picked up all of the slack at our house, but he is happy that I am actually "fun again." I am amazed at how normal life is just such a wonderful thing. Hopefully the blog will now be alive and well!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to see a baby bump picture!

Maren said...

you should put up the pictures! and so will I!! today!!

carrie said...

Congrats on taking all parts of the CPA exam. What a beast of a goal - I'm sure you passed. So what is the hardest section?

Amanda P said...

This last section that I took is the hardest so hopefully I passed! I am not sure what I will do if I don't! Someone will have to take away my shoelaces, not that I can actually reach them anymore! :)