Thursday, May 22, 2008

Donut Donut Donut!

Victoria has been up to her usual tricks and I thought I would fill you in on them.

The other day we were in the pool and trying to catch Richard, so I thought it would be funny to make the Jaws sound. You know. Duna, duna, duna, duna and you get progressively faster as you get closer to your prey. Well, now Victoria chases you and says, "Donut, donut, donut, donut". It is so funny!

Grandma Donna gave Victoria the video "Stellaluna". The movie is based on the children's book. Well, we hadn't read the book yet and I started the movie for Victoria as I sat down to nurse Reed. As the movie begins a baby bat is flying with her mother holding on to her stomach. Then all of a sudden an owl comes and the baby starts falling. I started documenting what was happening in the movie to get her interested, when I glanced at Victoria standing in front of me with tears streaming down her face. She ran to me and started crying. The rest of that day she wouldn't let me out of her sight.

Reed is learning to coo and grunt with the best of them! If you smile and grunt at him you can practically carry on a conversation. He is really quite alert and entertaining for someone of his age!

2 comments:

Amanda P said...

Mike and I love the Donut story! Oh, she is such a hoot!

em said...

I love the Stellaluna story, but it makes me so sad! She's so smart that I forget that that includes she may understand things a bit earlier than most kids. I'll bet you loved having her so close to you that day.

I miss you guys. She's such a sweet funny spirit.