Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sidewalks!

Well, I just got home from a pretty frustrating adventure! You wouldn't think it would be so hard to walk 8 blocks up the main road in front of our house to the pharmacy. It wasn't that it was so difficult as frustrating. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of redeemable qualities to San Antonio, but sidewalks are not on the list. We started off this morning happy and smiley and off to the grocery store across the street and then further up the road to the pharmacy. I had seen the pharmacy yesterday and had a prescription to pick up and I didn't think it was that far. ( turned out to be farther than I thought!)
Well lets just say that by the time we made it there, there was no way I was walking back. I had to call Richard to pick us up because I was so frustrated with the whole situation. Victoria had a poopy diaper and Reed was hungry and it was only 11 o'clock and already 95 degrees. But most of all the fact there was no sidewalks was the issue. Maybe to a stroller-less person it wasn't a big deal, but when you are pushing a double stroller continuous cement is a must.
The thought crossed my mind many times to call and complain to someone, anyone that this city is not pedestrian friendly! No sidewalks, no cross walks, no nothing. Richard doesn't think anyone will care, but it sure made for a frustrating morning!
Sorry for the moaning and groaning!

1 comment:

RMII said...

For the record, I did warn you!!!