Thursday, May 27, 2010

Missing....

With the holiday rolling in I am feeling a bit nastalgic for memorial days past. I'm missing my sisters. Thought I'd share a couple of thoughts of each of them:

Rachel: brought home as our Christmas gift and easy from day one. A favorite memory of her is watching her smile slyly after Amanda shoved her into the closet. I also remember finding her hiding in a closet with her eyes filled with tears. She didn't like crying in front of people. I still can take almost anything but watery Rachel eyes. She's adventurous and has been bringing new things and experiences to us since tennis.

Amanda: driven and focused. She has never not accomplished a task she set out for. She does not tire and researches every decision and move she makes. She was angry at the shows that dealt with highlighted kids, knowing all too young how amazingly talented she is. Road trips with her singing crystal gale make me laugh out loud.

Maren (Aka house cat): I was finally getting the sister thing down. I remember standing in the library with my fingers presses gently on your eyelids trying to induce sleep. You were charming and loved easily from the start. I've never doubted you loved me. You are funny and tough and more laid back to us than you really are. I still have pjs for you.

So to all of you... Come home soon. I miss being an older sister.

3 comments:

Maren said...

I'm ALMOST THERE! Two days and I wil be WITH you! I'm so excited!!
Em, this is so sweet.

I am so lucky to have such sweet sisters. and isn't it funny how different we are?? From our looks to our tastes and personalities. I love you all.

Em, some of my most favorite memories are times with you. From drum circles in Liberty park and listening to Erasure to Taco Maker and you teaching me how to shuffle! I love you and I can't wait to ssee you!

Amanda P said...

Emily, this is very sweet of you to post, but I'm pretty sure I have many tasks that I have not accomplished! Oh, too many! Well we are getting excited to see you in August. Is Maren coming out to Utah soon?

Rachel said...

We miss you too! We should be there in August, but we would love for you to come vist!
I think what we miss the most is our Aunt Emily. You have always been a great sister, but you really are an amazing aunt! Reed and Victoria talk about you often! "Aunt Emily" isn't very easy for Reed, but that doesn't stop him!
We love you!