Friday, December 14, 2007

Stolen Laundry! Living in a city of crime!


So yesterday Mike flew to Utah for his Uncle’s funeral in Eli, Nevada. I supposedly was going to have a large project at work so I stayed behind, but since I have time to post this blog, I probably should have gone. Anyway, he ran out of prep-time for the airport and asked if I would get his laundry out of the dryer. Well for most of you, possibly all of you, you go to the next room. Not us, we have a laundry room on the 2nd floor of the building. So far I really haven’t minded it because you can get all of your laundry done at once. Our building is locked all of the time so I feel comfortable leaving during the washing. So yesterday after I got home, I went down to get Mike’s laundry, only a few hours after he left for the airport. I felt a little nosey as I prodded through other’s laundry a bit to find Mike’s essentials. It was gone! I called Mike later just to make sure he didn’t pick it up. He did not. It was gone! Someone had stolen his laundry. We live in student housing! How could someone do that? I started to distrust the other student, and yes I became bitter! I left a note (actually a really nice one, believe it or not) in the laundry room, just in case anyone was feeling a bit guilty.

So this morning I got to work and found an email from my friend in the ward that happens to live in our same building. It read, “I am so sorry! Jeff stole your laundry!” Anyway, I guess she had sent her husband to pick up the laundry that included mostly baby clothes. Late last night she started folding her laundry and realized the items were not baby clothes but rather 26-year old clothes. Embarrassed, they thought they would just sneak it back into the laundry room, but then they found my note. So they fessed up! She was so embarrassed, but I was just so relieved!

2 comments:

Maren said...

I go to SALT LAKE to do my laundry :)

em said...

YEAH! Things don't get stolen in Salt Lake! Maybe you could look into some sort of chain like you use on a bike to keep your laundry from getting stolen... : )

Funny post - the funniest things happen to you guys.