Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cameron's Arm...


So tonight Cameron broke her arm jumping from her bunk bed. I sat by her tonight and listened as she sat with her arm propped up... Things she was concerned about just hours after breaking her arm:

1 - as soon as she was settled she said she needed to go upstairs because she had a surprise for me. Crista went up instead and came back with a beautiful card she'd made for me and a little present that I opened to find two dollars. I almost cried because she and Addison have been saving to buy a barbie doll house. She wouldn't take it back and finally we settled on using it to get a treat together.

2 - she wanted to be sure she was going to be able to go to Addison's singing concert tomorrow night. She knows this is a big deal for Addison.

3 - she was concerned about Addison's eye which has been bothering her.

4 - she was concerned about not deserving to get blessed to heal quickly because she feels like she made a bad choice in jumping off the bunk bed. She loves her Heavenly Father and believes strongly in his ability to heal, but also has an astrounding sense of fairness.

5 - when dad called to tell her he was sorry and see how she was doing she was very sure to console him and make him believe she was ok. Even saying at one point, "don't worry about me."

I know I'm her aunt, but I can honestly say that the unselfish attitude she shows even when injured is shocking for her age. I just can't believe how sweet she came. I will also say that the whole time they were at the hospital Addison was busying herself making little gifts and cards for her. I love how they take such good care of each other.

I can't believe how loved this little girl can make me feel. Even when she's hurt. I swear if I could bottle the way she makes me feel I could solve the world's problems.

1 comment:

Amanda P said...

Oh, it breaks my heart that she broke her arm. Your post very adequately documented the life of Cameron the Worry Wort.