Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanksgiving!

I first just want to say that I am SO thankful that this post that was nearly completed wasn't just deleted when my computer crashed a minute ago!

Okay, now for the real post...

Just as Rachel and I and fams are ready to head out to Utah for the holiday season (tomorrow...whoo hoo!), we finally are making posts about Thanksgiving. Mike, Asher, and I flew to Philadelphia for Thanksgiving to see Mike's parents and sister Jaclyn and Rachel, Richard, Victoria, and Reed drove down from Connecticut. To see the fun pictures Rachel and her family took, visit her blog. Mike's family was so excited to have them come and we just all had a great time together. Victoria and Reed were so sweet the entire time. We went on a walk at Valley Forge on Thanksgiving Day, shopped at some really great outlets with no sales tax (a stark contrast to Chicago's 10.25%), and played games (Mike's mom even made Richard play and it was pretty funny!). I am very grateful for marrying into the Pope family and it was fun to have the Martinez's get to know them better. Anyway, here's a few pictures of our trip...


The Sweet Martinez family on our walk at Valley Forge



A three generation photo, unfortunately blurry...but doesn't Mike look handsome! Oh, he will be embarrassed that I added that!

Asher's first documented smile...I told you guys that he actually smiled sometimes. Okay, maybe Mike poking Asher takes away from the authenticity, but I swear he really does smile!


What a great Thanksgiving...now I'm can't wait for Christmas!


1 comment:

em said...

Remember that last post of yours when I said, "I can't wait to meet Asher." Well now I can actually say, "I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM TOMORROW."

I'm so glad you guys are coming tomorrow. Otherwise it would have been really tough to read this post. I'm super glad you guys got Tday together, but I'm WAY MORE glad I get to see you both for Christmas. I have to say truly, truly, I am so grateful to both of you for footing the expense and trouble of coming out.

It will make my Christmas.