Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back in the FREEZING FRIGID saddle again

Not to complain too much, but I just might. It's 5 in the morning and I am feeding Asher and preparing for my second day back to work. It is going to be a high of 0 degrees today, which apparently feels like -19 degrees...for fun. Oh, Chicago in the winter. On a better note, for those of you that don't know, my work approved for me to work just two days in the office and a part day from home and still receive my benefits. It's worth a shot. I have a great babysitter that I go to church with that lives just upstais from us. AND...I was greatly surprised that after all of my worrying, my first day back went well for everyone, most importantly Asher.

4 comments:

carrie said...

I'm SOOOOOO glad your first day back went ok, especially for Asher. I'm thinking of you a lot! I hope it goes well. Just take it one day at a time. Call if you ever want to chat.

This is my 3rd month back at work - I can't believe how fast time is going!

Unknown said...

That is great! What a blessing to have someone you know and trust, living so close by able to watch him. I'm glad everything has worked out.

Arianne said...

Good luck back at work my friend. I can't believe time has gone so quickly. I wish I could be there to babysit! Post some more pics of the little man soon! Love ya

Christa said...

That is awesome that you can have that flexible schedule! It's so hard to leave the little guys but then it's always so fun to come home to them :) So I need to see these jr. jazz, efy pics, I'm sure we look great :)
Since we're talking about the glory days, let me tell you about Ben. He's a senior and they got a new basketball coach. Well, he cut all the seniors. Like 5 of them! So sad, hu.....Well, as we have since learned, there are more important things in life :)