Thursday, January 29, 2009

The only Blond Crane's Birthday


So this is late, but I wanted to post a couple of my favorite things about Amanda...

1 - She is competitive. Those of you who know her will laugh... But this is such an amazing quality in Amanda. In younger years it was a challenge for her and now its just an amazing assett.

2 - She is emotional. She truly loves. I have always been able to feel this from her almost like she is a radiator. I am grateful that I can feel it from Chicago still.

3 - She is an incredible friend. Amanda has never compromised her friendships. EVER. She has always had a select few who can count on her no matter what. In these relationships she does not put herself first.

4 - She is the hardest worker I have ever met. There are times when she has been up against deadlines or expectations which make me cringe and yet she pulls off results with flying colors.

5 - She is nervous about change and things she doesn't fully understand. For those of you who know her let's think back to pregnancy...

6 - She is hard on herself but she will give everyone else all of the understanding in the world. She is loving and understanding of everyone but herself. I wish at times she could see herself through anyone else's eyes.

7 - She used to lose her temper (as many of us Crane's do) but she has worked very hard to overcome this and I love nothing more than looking over and watching her in a situation where its warranted to lose her temper and I see her eyes set in that defiant amanda way and then she smiles.

8 - She has the world's most amazing smile. She has big beautiful white teeth and the most amazingly wide smile. But what I love most is that even that did not come easily. She thanks me for a rug I gave her a bazillion years ago almost every time I see her.

9 - That brings up how grateful she is. She is grateful for everyone and everything she's ever been given and yes, that includes braces. On numerous occasions I have heard her thank my parents for this.

10 - Amanda is athletic, but she has always been a better athlete than her genes dictated - which goes back to hard work.

11 - Amanda is such a great sister. I don't think anyone would disagree. I love every minute of being her sister from watching her compete with Crista in Junior Jazz to watching her hold Asher. She is completely sharing in her joy and has allowed us all to experience with her.

12 - Amanda is an amazing mother. She worries constantly about Asher and researches and asks constantly in order to be the best mother she can. I love watching how she approaches motherhood like every other thing in her life. She will work and work and work and research and worry until Asher has the best mom in the world. What a lucky little boy.

My little blonde sister... I am so proud of you. I absolutely love the person you are. Thank you so much for letting me be such a great part of your life. I miss you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Here here! I love you too Amanda! Thank you for making my Ricks years unforgettable and for being such an amazing friend. I hope you had a spectacular birthday!!!

carrie said...

I love you too Amanda! Happy Birthday...I wish I saw you more often.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! I could add to this post a famous poem you once gave me called "Ode to the Bug"! I love you very much! I wish Chicago wasn't so far away!

Arianne said...

You definitely are amazing. The world is a better place since you were born in it! Love you my dear wonderful friend! (also, I can't wait to meet that adorable baby of yours!)

Sarah and Trent said...

What a fantastic tribute!! Happy happy birthday Amanda. I think you're one amazing lady too. And that's a hot picture of you!

Christa said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I loved reading all those sweet things about you, and of course all are true! You are truly a great person and friend and I love you to death.