Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Greetings from Texas

I just wanted to say "howdy" to all of you. This is my first contribution to the infamous "Crane's Nest" blog. We recently enjoyed Amanda's visit to San Antonio and I enjoyed being San Antonio's best tour guide for Mrs. Pope. I know that Amanda enjoyed the Alamo but I know Mike would have appreciated it alot more. San Antonio is a great city to visit and this past weekend's 70 degree weather must have been a tropical vacation for Amanda. Victoria really enjoyed having her Aunt Amanda here with us and especially enjoyed showing off her bedrooms, here and at my parents house. We gave Amanda a crash couse on being a parent; she changed diapers, read her books and put her to bed. When the time comes, she will be a wonderful mother. We look forward to hosting you all down here come this May. Just make sure that you bring your shorts and flip-flops!!

All is well in San Antonio. Victoria is growing up so fast and and she is so fun to have around. She is like a sponge as she absorbs everything that she comes across. Aside from identifying all her colors, singing "I am a Child of God," and counting 1,2,6,8, it's amazing how well of a conversation you can have with this 22 month old girl. Rachel is anxiously awaiting the birth of our soon to be son. We are all excited for the new addition and Victoria is starting to let us know what the "baby boy" can & cannot have.

Well, I hope you are all doing well and I look forward to hearing about you all soon.

Until next time... Richard II

No comments: