Thursday, February 21, 2008

Belated Valentine's post

So I had kind of a crummy valentine's day to start... I spent all day at work listening to people being paged overhead to go pick up their LAME AND UGLY FLOWERS! (no sentiment of bitterness at all, right?) I began to really resent the day itself...

Around 4 that all changed. I got a voicemail from Gardner inviting me to go to Bountiful Rec center with he and Crista and their tweets. I was so excited and realized that it was kind of great that I'd get to spend a day with people who make me feel so loved. Also - I had a REASON to hurry out of work. YAY!

I ran home and picked up a bathing suit and then hit the road. Traffic was a nightmare and I was later getting there and they were already in the pool. I quickly changed and headed for the pool and right off the bat saw Crista sitting in the shallow end of the pool with Axel who was having a great time splashing the water and he gave me the sweetest smile and I was so happy that he recognized me. Before I knew it Cameron and Addison were scrambling out of the pool and running toward me with great valentines that even had candy taped to them. I couldn't believe how great it felt to have them so excited to see me! We played quite a while in the water and then went to Cafe Rio where Gardner bought us all dinner for V-Day. At dinner both Addison and Axel konked out and it was just so nice to hang out with Gardner, Crista, and Cameron.

It was hard to leave them and head back home. But, when I got here I checked my mail and had this HUGE valentine from Victoria, Rachel, and Richard. It was such a great end to my already great day.

Thank you guys all so much. I realized later that I was all ready to feel sorry for myself on this day and so I didn't do ANYTHING for anyone. I didn't deserve how great you all were. I'm definitely the luckiest girl in the world.

P.S. You should know that my fridge is COVERED with the beautiful valentines you sent! THANK YOU! How great is it to be an Aunt to such wonderful nieces?!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am glad that you actually got the Valentine on Valentine's Day! We had a lot of fun making them for you too and love and miss you very much!

Rachel said...

I am glad that you actually got the Valentine on Valentine's Day! We had a lot of fun making them for you too and love and miss you very much!