Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dallas!

Well, like Emily we just returned from vacation! Okay, Dallas! Only four hours away! Richard had to go for work and I decided to tag along. We left Victoria with Richard's parents. We had a great time. We went to the Texas State Fair! I think the largest and most fried food in the nation. I am not kidding. Fried okra, lattes, twinkies and cheesecakes and much, much, more! We saw Lonestar, a country band, that night. On Saturday we took part in the Race for the Cure in Dallas. Over 26,000 people attended. It was crazy! Richard walked the 5k with me for the first and last time. It took way too long for him! The downtown Dallas area was not impressive to me. I spent the afternoon there walking from destination to destination on my map and I wasn't impress with any of it. I couldn't even find a mall or shopping area at all to kill some time, just office building after office building!
We returned home last night to find Victoria more grown up than ever and able to say a few new words; like Texas and Go Spurs! I'm not sure how I feel about the last one! Should be go Jazz!

No comments: