Saturday, October 13, 2007

One late night in Provo...

oh hello dear family!
Well, I'm such I've been such a family-blog-slacker!
I'm gonna be honest, it was mostly beacuse my life hasn't been nearly exciting enough recently to warrant it. I mean, moving to Chi-town and to San An is hard to compete with! And Emily can pretty much make any situation in life hilarious and awesome to read.
Anyway, here goes.
Tonight was a riot. Mom and Dad were up at the cabin and said it would be alright if I came up tonight (Friday) and brought some friends...little did they know what they were gettting themselves into! I think about 12 people came. I went with this guy Dave from California, and some other guys in our ward took dates.
First of all Dad brought me a map of how to get the cabin today because we all know that I might be "Eyes Crane" but I'm no navigator. The map was fantastic and we all made it in one piece! oh man, I hope this isn't getting boring yet.
We had a great time, we ate tons of food that Mom and Dad brought for us and they both helped us set everything up. I could not believe how many times people came up to me and told me how lucky I was that my parents are so cool! Ya hear that Mom and Dad?? COOOOOL!
We sat around the fire for awhile, made some s'mores then we all mass huddled for warmth and watched When a Stranger Calls on Dave's laptop. All in all, a very good time.
Provo has been very good to me this year. I loooove King Hen and all the people here. Our ward is so awesome! I love it!
This week has been super hectic though..I've never spent more hours in the library in my life. uhh. It's disgusting.
Well, it's very good to hear from you all!
Oh rach, I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick :(
and amanda, tell Mike I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
em, I hope you're having a ridiculously good time in Maui and I want to hear all about when you back!
mom and dad, I fully agree. You guys are so cool! :)
Everyone else, I hope all is well!
looove,
mar

2 comments:

Amanda P said...

Maren, it was so fun to hear from you. I loved hearing about your cabin/parent date! It sounds like you had a lot of fun and I'm sure that Mom and Dad loved it too. I also loved reading about your excitement about helping the children in Uganda. You reminded me of some things that I still need to do. I love ya!

em said...

aww honey I love this post. Its so funny especially when you know mom and dad. I bet they loved having all of you guys up so much. I can't imagine how happy dad must've been to combine his two biggest loves: the cabin and you!

Thanks for coming up Sunday. I sure love you!