Friday, October 12, 2007

I miss the little ones!


I just read Rachel's blog and I got a real kick out of it. It reminded of something funny she just told me about the other day. Sadly, Rachel has been having some morning sickness and she said she had to really try to keep Victoria out of the bathroom during these moments because otherwise Victoria would come in and make throw up noises right next to Rachel, just impersonating her mommy! I thought that was pretty funny. I sure do miss everyone. I especially miss the little ones because you can't talk to them on the phone. I got a bit homesick when I was watching General Conference in our ward building thinking of everyone else watching it snuggled up on mom and dad's couches (many of them sleeping! :)
Our lives here in Chicago kind of remind me of when we were first married and both in our first years of our masters programs because we are so busy. Mike has to study most hours of the day and I work and then we both come home, eat a quick dinner, and study some more. I am working again on my cpa exam. I am taking two sections by the end of November so it might be a bit crazy. We have really enjoyed exercising at the University of Chicago gym. Can you imagine that every cardio machine actually has its on tv monitor!
Yesterday was Mike's birthday and he had a big project due today so we are actually celebrating on Saturday. Mike is working so hard; I am proud of him. Anyway, that is all for now, but I would love to hear from everyone else!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Amanda, I didn't know that it was Mike's birthday the other day. We need to get better that notifying or making a list of everyones birthdays! Tell hime congrats!